Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

In Memory of Nick

This year's turkey drive is being held in memory of Dominick L. "Nick" Spricigo who passed away this summer at the age of 92. You might not know the name, but you probably know his smiling face... you saw it every year you brought food to the van parked in front of the store.
 
turkey food drive community foodbank of  new jerseyNick was my volunteer buddy collecting the food and driving it back to the Community FoodBank of NJ's location in Hillside, NJ. He always made everyone feel like their food donations were gold, thanking them for what they were doing. And peshawing when people said it back to him. I had absolutely no clue he was in his 90s... He led such a positive and loving life that kept him young. He's who I want to be when I grow up. I miss him.

No comments: