Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

The Dandy Lion



Dandelions 
Photo by Jayaprakash R


Unfortunately our lawn has been dotted with a yellow flower known as the Dandy Lion. Honestly, I wouldn't mind them... especially in the back where in some cases they are the only things keeps the dirt from flying away (Yup, no "running your toes thru it" kind of grass. We try to stay as natural as possible and don't use any chemicals). But I don't want to anger the neighbors who spend hundreds of dollars making sure that their lawns are unnaturally green each year.

I read a couple of different ways to treat them naturally... soap and water, salt, and most commonly vinegar.  Which is what I tried... A spray bottle filled with white vinegar and a few drops of liquid soap to help the solution stick to the leaves and flowers. The first time, it worked a bit but I think I didn't soak the leaves enough so today I tried again. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: